The archive of Kazerne Dossin houses a large collection of digital and physical documents about the Holocaust in Belgium. The collection also includes video and audio files, authentic objects, and so on. Kazerne Dossin also regularly receives family archives from relatives of victims of the Holocaust. Read more about collections
Researchers, students and other interested people are welcome to consult the archive collections in the reading room.
TIP! When searching for a portrait or picture concerning one or more deportees, please have a look at our image library
How do I obtain access to the archive?
- If you would like to consult the archive or the library of Kazerne Dossin, please submit a research statement. Download this form.
- Provide the completed and signed form, together with a copy of a valid proof of identity, to Kazerne Dossin. This can be done by mail.
- The employees of the Kazerne Dossin documentation centre will then review your application and provide a written confirmation upon approval.
- With this confirmation, you can sign up at the Kazerne Dossin research centre or in the reading room of one of the following partner institutions:
- Mémorial de la Shoah, Paris, France
- Herinneringscentrum Kamp Westerbork, the Netherlands
- When you visit the Kazerne Dossin reading room you will receive a copy of the reading room regulations. At the start of each visit you are required to sign the visitors’register. Local rules apply in the reading rooms of partner institutions.
- A researcher from Kazerne Dossin or the partner institution will provide you access to the Kazerne Dossin image bank in the reading room.
If you have specific questions about the contents of the archive collection, or about reproduction or copyright matters, please contact the Kazerne Dossin via firstname.lastname@example.org
The reading room is open to visitors by appointment. An appointment can be made via .email@example.com.
Because of the coronavirus, visitors have to wear a mouth mask. Furthermore, the archive remains closed without appointment.
Documentation Centre Kazerne Dossin
Goswin de Stassartstraat 153
B- 2800 Mechelen
T : 0032 (0) 15 29 06 60