The RETHINK project (Remembrance Education for THINKing critically) aims to facilitate the dissemination of these programmes. We believe that remembrance education, in linking past and present, sheds valuable light on the historical significance of polarised identities, offers insight into European history, and tools to combat intolerance. Because it illuminates both the origins and devastating consequences of exclusion and prejudice, RETHINK is uniquely suited to the present moment.
unded by the Erasmus+ programme, RETHINK gathers 8 partners in the field of formal and informal education:
- The CIEP, a Centre for Education Studies affiliated with the French Ministry of Education
- Euroclio, a European Association of History Educators
- CESIE, a European Centre of Studies and Initiatives
- Four memorial institutions and one democracy-building NGO:
- the House of the Wannsee Conference (Germany);
- the Living History Forum (Sweden);
- Kazerne Dossin (Belgium);
- the Shoah Memorial (France);
- the Center for Democracy and Reconciliation in Southeast Europe (Greece).
Download here the material for the lesson plan 'Ordinary heroes'