deputy director and curator
- Veerle Vanden Daelen holds a PhD from the University of Antwerp. Her doctoral research focussed on the return of Jews and reconstruction of their life in Antwerp after the Second World War (1944-1960).
- She held fellowships at the University of Michigan (Frankel Institute for Advanced Judaic Studies, 2007-2008 fellowship "Jews and the City") and at the University of Pennsylvania (Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies,2008-2009 fellowship " Jews, Commerce, and Culture ").
- She is coordinator of the work package "Data Identification and Integration" for the project European Holocaust Research Infrastructure (EHRI).
- She is affiliated with the University of Antwerp, where she has taught "Migration History", "Jewish History" and other classes and where she organizes, together with Karin Hofmeester, the annual "Contact Day Jewish Studies on the Low Countries" at the Institute of Jewish Studies.
- Veerle is also a member of the Belgian delegation to the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA).